24 de febrero de 2017 11:55 AM
Actualizado el 24 de febrero de 2017 12:05 PM
The amount of 30 tons of Venezuelan bolivars seized in northern Paraguay left Venezuela through Colombia, according to a commission of Venezuelan authorities on visit to Paraguay in order to cooperate with the investigation, reported on Friday, the public prosecutor responsible for the case, Julio César Yegros.
The public prosecutor said that the Venezuelan delegation, composed of an agent, a military officer and a member of the Venezuelan Foreign Office, will stay in Paraguay until February, Saturday 25, in order to continue cooperating with local authorities.
Yegros said that right now the money has not been counted. At this very moment, it is held in a vault at the Central Bank of Paraguay (BCP), in Asunción, after being carried from the town of Saltos del Guairá, where the sum of money was found on February 13, during a house search.
He added that the Paraguayan Attorney General Office awaits the arrival of the relevant devices to count the Venezuelan banknotes, Efe cited.
So far, three Paraguayans and a Brazilian have been indicted; three of them presumably offered the merchandise, based on a video held by the Paraguayan public prosecutors.