Espacio publicitario

As many as 350,000 have landed in Colombia over the past six years

A report from the National Administrative Department of Statistics (DANE) spelled out access to health care, employment, and educational level, among others

The analysis found an increasing number of people coming from Venezuela

File photo

04 de septiembre de 2017 04:50 AM

Actualizado el 05 de septiembre de 2017 04:31 AM

PARA COMPARTIR

The analysis shows a growing rate of people coming from Venezuela.

In Colombia, practicing a profession is not that easy for a foreigner.

The proportion of Venezuelan immigrants in Colombia doubled in the last couple of years: eight in every 10 incoming Venezuelans have completed higher education and one in every five is younger than 11 years old.

A survey conducted by Rosario University, based on household polls from the National Administrative Department of Statistics (DANE), found almost 350,000 Venezuelans in Colombia that have arrived since 2011.
 
The analysis shows an increasing rate of people coming from Venezuela, which is a matter of concern both for the labor market and education and health care services, local daily newspaper El Tiempo reported.

Colombia is among the top probable destinations for Venezuelans based on geographical proximity, a common borderline and family and friendship links. Additionally, political and social standoff in Venezuela has exacerbated this migration movement.

According to the report, Venezuelan immigrants in 2011-2016 amount to 348,312 people, but almost a half of them, that is, 47.11%, or 164,086 Venezuelans, arrived in the last couple of years. The other half, 52.89 %, or 184,226 people, had migrated more than two years ago.

Espacio publicitario

Nombre y Apellido:

Email:

Escribe tu comentario:

Escribe los caracteres que ves en la imagen:

Normativa para emitir comentarios
  • Al emitir su opinión en El Universal debe hacerlo con Nombre y Apellido, no se aprobarán mensajes con datos incompletos.
  • El Universal respeta y defiende el derecho a la libre expresión, pero también vela por el respeto a la legalidad y a los participantes en este foro.
  • Invitamos a nuestros usuarios a mantener un contenido y vocabulario adecuado y apegado a las leyes.
  • El Universal no se hace responsable por las opiniones emitidas en este espacio.
  • Los comentarios aquí publicados son responsabilidad de quien los escribe.
  • El Universal no permite la publicación de mensajes anónimos o bajo seudónimos.
  • El Universal no permite la publicación de mensajes xenófobos o discriminatorios.
  • El Universal se reserva el derecho de editar los textos y de eliminar aquellos que utilicen un lenguaje no apropiado y/o que vaya en contra de las leyes venezolanas.

Espacio publicitario

POLL

Espacio publicitario

Espacio publicitario