Espacio publicitario

Citgo belongs to Venezuela, oil minister confirms

Eulogio del Pino, President of state-run oil company Petróleos de Venezuela (Pdvsa) stressed that Citgo is an important asset to Venezuela

Eulogio del Pino, President of state-run oil company Petróleos de Venezuela (Pdvsa) and Minister of Petroleum and Mining

FILE PHOTO

28 de diciembre de 2016 07:35 AM

Actualizado el 28 de diciembre de 2016 07:59 AM

PARA COMPARTIR

Citgo belongs to Venezuela, oil minister confirms

Eulogio del Pino, President of state-run oil company Petróleos de Venezuela (Pdvsa) and Minister of Petroleum and Mining denied on Tuesday that Pdvsa had pledged its US subsidiary Citgo, and explained that it had only used it as collateral for bond swap operations.


On December 23, a report showed that Pdvsa had mortgaged Citgo to Russian oil company Rosneft; however, Pdvsa denied it in a communiqué.
Minister Del Pino pointed out that Pdvsa used 51% of Citgo’s capital as a collateral to motivate bondholders in bond swap operations. The remaining 49% was used for new financing.


He underscored that Citgo is an important asset to Venezuela, as it holds 15,000 gas stations in the US and is managed by Venezuelans. He also affirmed that Venezuela still owns the subsidiary and that plans have been made to strengthen it.

Espacio publicitario

Nombre y Apellido:

Email:

Escribe tu comentario:

Escribe los caracteres que ves en la imagen:

Normativa para emitir comentarios
  • Al emitir su opinión en El Universal debe hacerlo con Nombre y Apellido, no se aprobarán mensajes con datos incompletos.
  • El Universal respeta y defiende el derecho a la libre expresión, pero también vela por el respeto a la legalidad y a los participantes en este foro.
  • Invitamos a nuestros usuarios a mantener un contenido y vocabulario adecuado y apegado a las leyes.
  • El Universal no se hace responsable por las opiniones emitidas en este espacio.
  • Los comentarios aquí publicados son responsabilidad de quien los escribe.
  • El Universal no permite la publicación de mensajes anónimos o bajo seudónimos.
  • El Universal no permite la publicación de mensajes xenófobos o discriminatorios.
  • El Universal se reserva el derecho de editar los textos y de eliminar aquellos que utilicen un lenguaje no apropiado y/o que vaya en contra de las leyes venezolanas.

Espacio publicitario

POLL

Espacio publicitario

Espacio publicitario