Pérez to Capriles: You are going to be Venezuela's next president
Pablo Pérez, the governor of the state of Zulia, said that the Venezuelan people showed that they have no fear, because 2,900,000 people cast their vote in the opposition primaries on February 12. He said that the state of Zulia will fully support to Henrique Capriles Radonski
Pablo Pérez, the governor of the state of Zulia, was the first opposition pre-candidate to talk about the results of Venezuela's opposition presidential primaries held on February 12. He acknowledged Henrique Capriles Radonski's victory. "To Henrique Capriles Radonski, my friend, as I told you since I enrolled as a candidate: My friend, you are going to be Venezuela's next president."
This way, the presidential pre-candidate of Un Nuevo Tiempo (A New Era party) of the opposition umbrella group Unified Democratic Panel (MUD) accepted the results. He stressed that he is willing to work with Capriles Radonski for the presidential vote to be held on October 7, 2012.
"Venezuela is the biggest winner today," Pérez said at the headquarters of his campaign team. He added that despite government's predictions, which estimated turnout at 500,000 people, "Venezuelans showed that they have no fear," and voters' turnout was 2,900,000 people.
The governor of the state of Zulia told Capriles that he can count on the support of the state of Zulia.
With reporting by Ender Marcano
No pellets, tear gas or 9mm firearm projectiles were enough. Several unpublished videos confirm what some witnesses had already warned in the very afternoon of February 12: that day, the Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (Sebin) shot a different type of bullets whose ammunition shells were picked up by the very officers who triggered the weapons.