ESPACIO PUBLICITARIO
CARACAS, Tuesday May 21, 2013 | Update
 
|
share
|
RULING PARTY

Mario Silva off the air for "health reasons"

He warned that an audio tape unveiled by opposition legislators could have been a montage composed of sound bites taken from his nine-year-old TV show La Hojilla (The razor), broadcast on state-run TV channel Venezolana de Televisión. The host bid farewell to his audience and said he would be off the air indefinitely for health reasons

The host of TV show La Hojilla (The razor) said he was open to any investigation (AVN)
EL UNIVERSAL
Tuesday May 21, 2013  08:06 AM
Mario Silva, a hardcore government supporter and host of TV show La Hojilla (The razor), late on Monday categorically rejected the accusations made against him by opposition parliamentarians who unveiled an audio recording of an alleged conversation between him and Lieutenant Colonel Aramis Palacios, a member of the Cuban G2. Silva said he is open to any investigation by judicial authorities.

"I have decided to submit to the Judiciary for authorities to do what they must do. I am not afraid of fascists, let alone the rightwing, which replaces the most perverse of the Fourth Republic. I am open to any investigation by judicial authorities," Silva said in a statement previously recorded and released during the live broadcast of his TV show on Monday.

He warned that an audio tape unveiled by opposition legislators could have been a montage composed of sound bites taken from his nine-year-old TV show La Hojilla (The razor), broadcast on state-run TV channel Venezolana de Televisión. The host bid farewell to his audience and said he would be off the air indefinitely citing health reasons

"If I have to sacrifice myself for the Revolution, I will. My unconditional support to the institutions and President Nicolás Maduro. This is a nearly perfect plan to finish off La Hojilla."

"I reject categorically the montage made by (opposition deputy) Ismael García. Again, the right-wing attacked the Cuban people, who have only brought us health, education, sports and great dignity," said Silva.

The host bid farewell to his audience and said he would be off the air indefinitely for health reasons.
|
share
|
ADVERTISING SPACE
Dossier
Sambil mall expropriated owners still hopeful

Cristian Fonseca, a businessman in La Candelaria district downtown Caracas, was doing the accounts in his small shop office on Sunday December 21, 2008. The Christmas shopping season kept him working late hours into the night. It was around 11 p.m. and his phone rang. A friend broke the bad news to him over the telephone.

 Ranking
  •  Read 
 
cerrar