Cuban military officers said to play a role in Venezuelan security affairs
Opposition activist Antonio Rivero said that some 210,767 Cubans have come to Venezuela
Rivero stressed that some 210,767 Cuban citizens have come to Venezuela since 1997 to join the defense sector and the judiciary. Nearly 83% of those Cubans have remained in the country for at least one year.
"This literally represents an army of occupation threatening the stability of the region, as the FANB is composed of and organized by a foreign armed force, which is fully aware of the elements comprising our national defense system," Rivero remarked. He showed pictures of Cuban high-ranking officer Leonardo Arnoldo Valdés, along with other Cuban generals checking some papers on defense actions across the national territory. "Why is there an official of the Cuban Force receiving this sort of information? This is a clear violation of our sovereignty," Rivero stressed.
No pellets, tear gas or 9mm firearm projectiles were enough. Several unpublished videos confirm what some witnesses had already warned in the very afternoon of February 12: that day, the Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (Sebin) shot a different type of bullets whose ammunition shells were picked up by the very officers who triggered the weapons.