President Hugo Chávez's respiratory distress persists
"(President Hugo Chávez's) respiratory distress, which emerged during the post-operative phase, persists; it has shown no favorable progress and continues to be treated," said Minister of Communication and Information Ernesto Villegas on a mandatory nationwide radio and television broadcast, adding that the Venezuelan president is at the Dr. Carlos Arvelo Military Hospital
"(President Hugo Chávez's) respiratory distress, which emerged during the post-operative phase, persists; it has shown no favorable progress and continues to be treated. Conversely, the medical treatment for his primary disease has caused no meaningful adverse effects so far," said Minister of Communication and Information Ernesto Villegas on a mandatory nationwide radio and television broadcast. Villegas added that the Venezuelan president is at the Dr. Carlos Arvelo Military Hospital.
"We are delivering this mandatory nationwide radio and television address as instructed by Executive Vice-President of the Republic Nicolás Maduro," said Villegas at the beginning of his message.
The official said Chávez is at the Dr. Carlos Arvelo Military Hospital. "After surgery, performed last December 11, 2012, in Havana, Cuba (...) the president arrived in Venezuela at 2:30 am on Monday and is currently at the Dr. Carlos Arvelo Military Hospital, in the San Juan parish, Caracas."
"The patient stays in touch with his relatives, the Government's political team and in close collaboration with his treating medical staff. The president remains clinging to Christ, with full willingness to live and utmost discipline in his health treatment," Villegas added.
"The Bolivarian Government thanks the people for their spontaneous expressions of love, joy and solidarity upon the arrival of Commander Chávez in the Venezuelan homeland. This sublime attitude contrasts sharply with the inhuman, disrespectful gestures and expressions of the right-wing towards the revolutionary leader," said the minister in his message.
Villegas said, "The Bolivarian Government is grateful to the patients, medical staff, employees and workers of the military hospital, which has continued to work normally, in accordance with the wishes of Commander Chávez."
No pellets, tear gas or 9mm firearm projectiles were enough. Several unpublished videos confirm what some witnesses had already warned in the very afternoon of February 12: that day, the Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (Sebin) shot a different type of bullets whose ammunition shells were picked up by the very officers who triggered the weapons.