Demonstration in south Venezuela against victory of gov't candidate
Venezuela's National Assembly Deputy Américo De Grazia said it was a peaceful protest staged 1,500 meters from the state office of the National Electoral Council. The demonstration is against the impending proclamation of ruling party Francisco Rangel Gómez as the new governor
Accompanied by several opposition leaders, including Mayor of the Metropolitan area of Caracas Antonio Ledezma, opposition candidate Andrés Velásquez led the demonstration.
Venezuela's National Assembly Deputy Américo De Grazia asserted the protest was pacific and denied rumors over civil unrest.
"We are just 1,500 meters from the CNE's office. We are protesting against the official proclamation of Rangel Gómez, which will be made within a few minutes by the state office" of CNE, said the deputy when interviewed by daily newspaper El Universal.
De Grazia said a document presenting all legal and electoral complaints over the election held in Bolívar would be delivered to the authorities of the Electoral Power's state board.
En Twitter: @aliciadelarosa
Translated by Jhean Cabrera
No pellets, tear gas or 9mm firearm projectiles were enough. Several unpublished videos confirm what some witnesses had already warned in the very afternoon of February 12: that day, the Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (Sebin) shot a different type of bullets whose ammunition shells were picked up by the very officers who triggered the weapons.