Caracas rejects Barack Obama's "outrageous statements" on Venezuela
Minister of Communication and Information Ernesto Villegas read a statement blaming the United States for driving bilateral relations "to further deterioration"
The Venezuelan Government described as "outrageous" to the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela the statements made by the US president in Miami.
"We have seen in the past (Venezuelan President Hugo) Chávez's authoritarian policies and repression of dissenters. I would rather not speculate about his medical condition," said Obama on Friday.
"The Government of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela rejects categorically the outrageous statements about Venezuela and Hugo Chávez (...) In this especially sensitive time, the Bolivarian Government demands the US Government and officials to respect the dignity of Venezuela, its institutions and Hugo Chávez," read the minister.
"In this delicate moment for Venezuela (...), with his infamous statements, Obama is responsible for leading bilateral relations to further deterioration, thus disclosing a continued policy of US aggression against our country," Villegas said, as quoted by state-run television channel VTV.
Villegas added that Venezuela has become "a true democracy granting the Venezuelan people the rights that the US society is far from (...) The Venezuelan people are building their fate thanks to the revolution."
No pellets, tear gas or 9mm firearm projectiles were enough. Several unpublished videos confirm what some witnesses had already warned in the very afternoon of February 12: that day, the Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (Sebin) shot a different type of bullets whose ammunition shells were picked up by the very officers who triggered the weapons.