Communication minister: Chávez is being operated as per protocol
Communication Minister Ernesto Villegas on Tuesday reported that President Hugo Chávez was "absolutely confident that he will overcome the obstacles." He noted that authorities will continue to report on Chávez's progress
Villegas said the Venezuelan president "woke up on Tuesday, December 11, with great force and inspiration; his mind focused on the welfare of the people." He added that Chávez was "absolutely confident that he will overcome the obstacles."
The minister further stated that the Government will continue "united with the Venezuelan people and the brothers of the world in a prayer for the commander."
He explained that he would continue to inform about "the progress made in Chávez's process to regain full health."
At noon, Villegas, in a mandatory nationwide radio and televisión broadcast, read a statement saying that the medical team of President Chávez in Havana reported that the Venezuelan president was performing the pre-operational protocol.
However, two hours earlier, President of Ecuador Rafael Correa, who visited Chávez Monday in the Caribbean island, said on his Twitter account that his Venezuelan counterpart was undergoing at that very moment "a very delicate operation."
Alarmed because of the emotional breakdown suffered by his ally and his destiny; Fidel Castro requested asylum for deceased Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez in Madrid back on April 11, 2002. "The story had been much darker and more entangled than what some people's imagination has wanted to believe in and disclose," former Spain's President, José María Aznar, upholds in his autograph book published by late 2013.