Venezuelan Congress unanimously approves Chavez's trip to get surgery
The president of the Venezuela's National Assembly said that the special session "was not aimed at discussing the temporary or permanent absence of the Head of State, but granting him permission to recover from this disease"
- Ecuador's FM jumps in solidarity with President Chávez
- Bolivian President voices support to Venezuelan counterpart
- FARC send Chávez cheer-up message
- Chávez's Health: A chronology
- Parliament to discuss Chávez's sick leave of absence
- Chávez has cancer again; appoints VP Nicolás Maduro as his successor
The Congress Speaker also welcomed the presence of the deputies and pointed out that the special session was not aimed at discussing the temporary or permanent absence of the Head of State, but at granting him permission to recover from this disease.
Translated by Jhean Cabrera
A week into the beginning of the school year at the República del Ecuador school, in the San Martín neighborhood (downtown Caracas), and classes are taught only until 10 am. Thieves who broke into the school this summer caused major damage when they stole copper wiring and air-conditioning units, resulting in a power outage leaving classrooms in the dark(especially preschool classrooms, which are affected the most).