Venezuelan Congress unanimously approves Chavez's trip to get surgery
The president of the Venezuela's National Assembly said that the special session "was not aimed at discussing the temporary or permanent absence of the Head of State, but granting him permission to recover from this disease"
- Ecuador's FM jumps in solidarity with President Chávez
- Bolivian President voices support to Venezuelan counterpart
- FARC send Chávez cheer-up message
- Chávez's Health: A chronology
- Parliament to discuss Chávez's sick leave of absence
- Chávez has cancer again; appoints VP Nicolás Maduro as his successor
The Congress Speaker also welcomed the presence of the deputies and pointed out that the special session was not aimed at discussing the temporary or permanent absence of the Head of State, but at granting him permission to recover from this disease.
Translated by Jhean Cabrera
According to inner surveys performed by the Venezuelan Association of Metallurgical and Mining Industries (AIMM), where 160 metallurgic companies were taken into consideration, 90% of the companies members of this association are "distressed because of their existence or survival in the short term," stated Manuel Eseverri, president of this association.