Venezuelan Congress unanimously approves Chavez's trip to get surgery
The president of the Venezuela's National Assembly said that the special session "was not aimed at discussing the temporary or permanent absence of the Head of State, but granting him permission to recover from this disease"
- Ecuador's FM jumps in solidarity with President Chávez
- Bolivian President voices support to Venezuelan counterpart
- FARC send Chávez cheer-up message
- Chávez's Health: A chronology
- Parliament to discuss Chávez's sick leave of absence
- Chávez has cancer again; appoints VP Nicolás Maduro as his successor
The Congress Speaker also welcomed the presence of the deputies and pointed out that the special session was not aimed at discussing the temporary or permanent absence of the Head of State, but at granting him permission to recover from this disease.
Translated by Jhean Cabrera
As Venezuelan deposits of public funds in Swiss bank accounts have been revealed, opposition Deputy Andrés Velásquez wonders whatever happened to the USD 500 million worth of CVG funds that turned up in coded bank accounts in Lebanon five years ago.