Venezuelan Congress unanimously approves Chavez's trip to get surgery
The president of the Venezuela's National Assembly said that the special session "was not aimed at discussing the temporary or permanent absence of the Head of State, but granting him permission to recover from this disease"
- Ecuador's FM jumps in solidarity with President Chávez
- Bolivian President voices support to Venezuelan counterpart
- FARC send Chávez cheer-up message
- Chávez's Health: A chronology
- Parliament to discuss Chávez's sick leave of absence
- Chávez has cancer again; appoints VP Nicolás Maduro as his successor
The Congress Speaker also welcomed the presence of the deputies and pointed out that the special session was not aimed at discussing the temporary or permanent absence of the Head of State, but at granting him permission to recover from this disease.
Translated by Jhean Cabrera
The story could have been different. On April 12, 2014, university students led a march to the Attorney General Office in order to submit concrete requests in regards to security and to demand the release of a group of youngsters detained in Táchira state.