OIL. The Venezuelan Ministry of Petroleum and Mining informed that the price of Venezuelan oil and byproducts averaged USD 42.17 per barrel this week.
OPEC. The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and other crude oil producers will hold a meeting on October 21, announced the Venezuelan Minister of Petroleum and Mining, Eulogio Del Pino.
Guyanese Minister of Foreign Affairs Carl Greenidge met this week with the High Commissioner of Canada in Georgetown, Pierre Giroux, to strengthen diplomatic ties
Apropos Interpol migration alert
News This Week
- Oil production costs in Venezuela's Pdvsa stand at USD 7-8 per barrel
- HRW calls for international observation in Venezuela's congress vote
- Venezuela to denounce Guyana's "smear campaign" at the UN
- Guyana seeks Canada's support in border dispute with Venezuela
- Venezuelan congress rejects Ambassador Holloway's statements
- Spain asks "all parties" to accept election results in Venezuela
- Electoral drill of congress vote to be held on October 18
- Venezuelan FM rejects US Secretary of State's statements
- Malaria events in Venezuela amount to 88,906
- Congress Speaker Cabello: Guyana's gov't is "out of its mind; it wants war"
- Venezuelan gov't ponders new exports scheme
- Top electoral body assembles and ships 80% of electoral material
- Pdvsa: Major refinery will be operational again next Wednesday-Thursday
- ECLAC forecasts 6.7% downturn in Venezuela
- Venezuela and Guyana appoint ambassadors, restore relation
- Bernardo Álvarez appointed new Venezuelan representative to the OAS
- LatAm Parliament condemns Wall Street Journal's attack against Cabello
The can of tuna, formerly a fairly normal pantry staple, has long been missing from stores in Venezuela, especially the domestic brands. When tuna cans, imported or domestic, do occasionally show up on store shelves, prices have increased several fold.
TRADE The balance in foreign currency of fiscal revenues resulting from Venezuelan non-traditional exports could end at USD 7 billion this year, a 75% hike compared with 2014.
INSECURITY A new attack with grenades against a police agency occurred on Sunday, September 27, at 7:30 p.m. A couple riding a motorcycle hurled an explosive at the headquarters of the Police Coordination Center number 7 of Polimiranda (the local police of central Miranda state). The attack caused damages to vehicles and real estate in the adjacencies.