DIPLOMACY. The Spanish government on Friday said it was open to engage in dialogue with Venezuela, despite the recent diplomatic impasse between both countries; however, Madrid made clear that insults would not be tolerated.
A report from The Conference Board shows
The results of the nutrition-related poll called National Life Conditions Survey (Encovi), conducted in 2014, were announced at the Simón Bolívar University (USB)
The price stands at USD 52.61
A report from The Conference Board shows
News This Week
- Experts forecast three more years of volatile oil prices
- Brazilian VP advocates Spain-Venezuela understanding
- Business sector reports no access to dollars in 2015
- Venezuelan oil basket up USD 2.27 per barrel
- Spain demands respect from Venezuela to launch dialogue
- Venezuelan Health Ministry creates register to buy drugs
- Directors of Venezuelan food network arrested for corruption
- Food basket up 5.2% in March in Venezuela
- López's defense reports violent search in prison cell
- Spain: We do not intend to break relations with Venezuela
- Eighty percent of Venezuelans unable to afford food basket
- Three ex-presidents voice solidarity with Felipe González
- Felipe González: I do not want to cause a conflict in Venezuela
- FM Rodríguez: Venezuela to take actions against Spain
- Analysts forecast more shortages in Venezuela if forex cuts continue
- Arrest warrant issued against Venezuelan ex-minister Herbert García-Plaza
- US willing to approve Venezuelan ambassador to Washington
- El Aissami: ex-governor Isea entered US Witness Protection Program
- Pro-gov't deputies reject "false accusations" against Congress speaker
- Maduro: No more dollars for Federation of Chambers of Commerce
- Venezuelan musicians mark 106th anniversary of daily El Universal
- Venezuelan delegation discusses in Qatar OPEC's oil output
- Fedecámaras: "A country is not built by threatening businesspersons"
- President Maduro vows "to shake up the economy" on Labor Day
- Madrid recalls its ambassador to Caracas for consultations
- Maduro urges Spain's Rajoy to rectify or face forceful actions
- Venezuelan Congress okays INE demographics for parliament voting
- VP of Venezuelan port authority is detained over irregular procurement
- Venezuelan Comptroller's Office issues notices for opposition leaders
- Kerry: US continues "open" to talks with Venezuela
- Venezuela, China assess industrial projects
- Venezuelan foreign minister meets with Iran's Hassan Rouhani
- LatAm Deputy Osorio: Removing people's vote from Parlatino means regression
- Venezuelan delegation visits Saudi Arabia to discuss oil issues
- EU pays special attention to Venezuela, Colombia and Cuba
- Venezuelan economy minister in Saudi Arabia to discuss oil investment
- Forty-seven security agents killed in Caracas so far in 2015
- Pollster Datanálisis: Opposition holds 20% lead ahead of parliament vote
- Venezuela, Iran refresh oil partnerships
- Venezuelan FM Delcy Rodríguez pays surprise visit to Iran
- European Union FMs to address Venezuela's situation on Monday
- Ex-President Felipe González to visit Venezuela to defend López
- Venezuela receives USD 5 billion loan from China
- Del Pino: Venezuela exports up to 2.5 million bpd
- Spanish ETA member, Venezuelan citizen detained for drug trafficking
- Chile, Russia uphold Unasur's mediation in Venezuela
- Pdvsa seeks buyer to sell Harvest's stake in joint venture
- Venezuela's Maduro delivers in Vargas state housing unit No 700,000
- Bello: "With 2013 voting we will change the National Assembly"
- Panama to re-launch talks with Venezuela on debt settlement
- Venezuela's Maduro marks second year in office
- Venezuelan crude oil above USD 50 for the first time in more than a month
- "Private initiative is the only one that makes the country grow"
- Thirteen thousand Venezuelan doctors have left Venezuela
- Families at risk before rainy season in Greater Caracas
- Pragmatism and ideologies confronted at the Summit of the Americas
- Carrero: fresh out of The Tomb
- Slum in oil prices harms Venezuela the most, according to analysts
Why did Gerardo come to Caracas? One day he took the decision, handed the car keys to his father, gave him his share of the cloth business they both owned in San Cristóbal and kissed his wife and two sons goodbye. "He told us he was going to continue fighting for Venezuela," the wife says. That was in mid-2013. He has been imprisoned since May 8, 2014.
DIPLOMACY The Spanish government on Friday said it was open to engage in dialogue with Venezuela, despite the recent diplomatic impasse between both countries; however, Madrid made clear that insults would not be tolerated.
DIPLOMACY Vice-President of Brazil Michel Temer advocated on Friday understanding between Spain and Venezuela after the latest political disagreements of both countries.
DIPLOMACY The Spanish government said that it does not intend to break relations with Venezuela, in the first conciliatory gesture from Spain, following crossed accusations and estrangement between the countries over the last days.
DIPLOMACY The government of the United States stressed that it was willing to accept a Venezuelan ambassador to Washington in order to make dialogue with Venezuela to move forward.
UNITED STATES US Secretary of State John Kerry claimed to be "open" to speak with Venezuela in order to find common areas after the meeting of US President Barack Obama and his Venezuelan counterpart Nicolás Maduro in the Summit of the Americas.
SUMMIT OF THE AMERICAS Against the backdrop of the closing ceremony of the People's Summit, which ran in parallel with the 7th Summit of the Americas this weekend at the University of Panama, with the participation of several social movements, Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro thanked his Latin American counterparts for speaking up in rejection of the US decree declaring Venezuela's situation "an unusual and extraordinary threat" and imposing sanctions on seven Venezuelan officials.
HEALTH Migration of Venezuelan doctors as a result of labor instability, low wages, shortage of inputs for their professional practice and insecurity is a matter of concern for the health sector.