DIPLOMACY. The government of Nicolás Maduro rejected the recent statements issued by US Secretary of State John Kerry concerning the parliament vote to be held in Venezuela next December 6.
ELECTION 2015. The Spanish Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, José Manuel García-Margallo, stressed on Tuesday that he expected the December 6 parliament vote in Venezuela to be held "in normal conditions" and that "all parties accept the electoral result."
He replaces former representative Roy Chaderton
News This Week
- Venezuelan gov't ponders new exports scheme
- Top electoral body assembles and ships 80% of electoral material
- Pdvsa: Major refinery will be operational again next Wednesday-Thursday
- ECLAC forecasts 6.7% downturn in Venezuela
- Venezuela and Guyana appoint ambassadors, restore relation
- Bernardo Álvarez appointed new Venezuelan representative to the OAS
- LatAm Parliament condemns Wall Street Journal's attack against Cabello
- Venezuela, Colombia agree to relaunch border security mechanisms
- Colombia-Venezuela defense ministers meet in Santa Marta on Friday
- BCV plans to place securities for USD 237 million
- Venezuelan oil price down to USD 40.02
- Meeting of defense ministers of Colombia, Venezuela kicks off
- Judge Susana Barreiros releases conviction of Leopoldo López
- Mitzi Capriles at the UN asks for release of Antonio Ledezma
- Pope asks Venezuelan bishops to insist on national reconciliation
- Oil company Pdvsa and Fundayacucho sign cooperation agreement
- Pdvsa starts "gradual reactivation" of Amuay and Cardón refineries
- Venezuela criticizes UN role against terrorism
- Colombia, Venezuela defense ministers to meet on Friday
- Venezuelan Institute for Scientific Research offers graduate studies
- Water desalination plants to be built in Venezuela
- Venezuelan finance minister meets with potential investors
- Power failure halts Venezuelan refineries Cardón and Amuay
The can of tuna, formerly a fairly normal pantry staple, has long been missing from stores in Venezuela, especially the domestic brands. When tuna cans, imported or domestic, do occasionally show up on store shelves, prices have increased several fold.
BORDERS The defense ministers of Venezuela and Colombia agreed on Friday, after a five-hour meeting, on holding a series of meetings to fight against crime along a common border of 2,119 kilometers.
BORDERS Venezuela rejected a report issued on Monday by the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR), which described the situation of Colombian deportees as a "humanitarian crisis" and stated that their human rights had been violated.
HUMAN RIGHTS The Inter-American Court of Human Rights (IACHR) denounced on Monday a "humanitarian crisis" hitting Colombian deportees and people who returned to Colombia from Venezuela.
TRADE The balance in foreign currency of fiscal revenues resulting from Venezuelan non-traditional exports could end at USD 7 billion this year, a 75% hike compared with 2014.
INSECURITY A new attack with grenades against a police agency occurred on Sunday, September 27, at 7:30 p.m. A couple riding a motorcycle hurled an explosive at the headquarters of the Police Coordination Center number 7 of Polimiranda (the local police of central Miranda state). The attack caused damages to vehicles and real estate in the adjacencies.