ELECTION 2015. The actions taken by State authorities to ensure smooth development of the parliament vote next December 6 in Venezuela are tracked by citizens and foster turnout, said on Tuesday Tibisay Lucena, the president of the National Electoral Council (CNE).
Tests may be available in March 2016
Interview with Guillermo Barreto
Tests may be available in March 2016
News This Week
- Venezuelans accept repricing if access to goods is ensured
- MUD warns against potential "technical plot" in parliament vote
- Carrying of weapons suspended in Venezuela due to parliament vote
- A total of 163,000 army officers to safeguard parliament vote
- Venezuela speaks up in the Climate Summit
- A 4.2 quake shakes Sucre state in Venezuela
- Rodríguez Zapatero calls for cessation of "inflamed speeches" in Venezuela
- MUD: We will have the election results at 8-10 p.m.
- Lilian Tintori rejects Venezuelan gov't protection
- Venezuelan doctors expect "looming" Zika virus in the country
- Chilean gov't regrets murder of Venezuelan opposition leader
- Former Spanish, Panamanian presidents to arrive in Venezuela next week
- Unasur electoral mission refuses political violence in Venezuela
- Venezuelan dissent condemns murder of opposition leader
- CNE Director: "No election should come along with violence"
- AI requests investigation into murder of opposition leader
- Venezuelan gov't, Toyota agree on export of domestic car parts
- Venezuelan opposition coalition MUD strikes legislative plan for 2016
- Venezuelan gov't bans e-commerce of regulated products
- SELA Member States discuss common policies
- Venezuelan oil basket ends at USD 34.11 per barrel
- Guyana seeks int'l support over border dispute with Venezuela
- Forex unification is proposed in Venezuela
- OPEC not to cut oil output despite possible price drop in 2016
- Venezuela's Ombudsman to deploy civil servants for parliament vote
- Venezuelan health sector voices concern over lack of consumables
- Conindustria: Contracting in Venezuela sank in 2015
- MUD: "We will not win to replace a sectarianism with another"
- Venezuelan journalists want access to National Assembly
- Ecuador's Correa notices Macri's "meddling" in Venezuelan internal affairs
According to inner surveys performed by the Venezuelan Association of Metallurgical and Mining Industries (AIMM), where 160 metallurgic companies were taken into consideration, 90% of the companies members of this association are "distressed because of their existence or survival in the short term," stated Manuel Eseverri, president of this association.
OPINION According to Venezuelan Minister of Eco-Socialism and Water Guillermo Barreto, Venezuela will ask for compensation for damages and losses caused by climate change in the country and for which is not liable. Barreto is attending the United Nations Conference on Climate Change (COP21), held in Paris, France, until December 11, where an agreement should be reached to curb the emission of greenhouse gases.
ECONOMY The national foreign exchange system has a hole and it has already shot ahead," stated Miguel Pérez Abad, president of the Venezuelan Federation of Industries (Fedeindustria) and presidential commissioner for Economic Development. He also remarked that the exchange unification could be the solution to this issue. However, it must previously pass a long-term transition stage, including a dual exchange rate in the first phase, and then stabilize the exchange rate.
Running for Congress
ELECTION 2015 José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, former Spanish Head of Government, called on Monday for cessation of "inflamed speeches," before heading to Venezuela, where he will act as international observer in the parliament vote to be held next Sunday, December 6.
ELECTION 2015 The secretary general of Unified Democratic Panel (MUD), Jesús "Chúo" Torrealba, remarked that the Venezuelan opposition coalition has all the necessary conditions to have specific results next December 6, between 8 and 10 p.m.
ELECTION 2015 As many as 163,000 army officers will safeguard the parliament vote to be held in Venezuela next December 6, reported on Monday Venezuelan Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino López.