GOVERNMENT. Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro landed in Cochabamba, Bolivia, on Monday to take part in the Second World People's Conference on Climate Change and Defense of Life, which started on October 10.
Minimum price of USD 70 targeted
News This Week
- Maduro in Bolivia to attend Climate Change Conference
- Attorney General: Corruption permeated Venezuela from outside
- President Maduro highlights the values of indigenous communities
- President Maduro lands in Bolivia for Climate Change Summit
- OPEC's oil output grows; non-OPEC production expected to decline
- Venezuela to propose oil production phasing down at OPEC meeting
- Oil production costs in Venezuela's Pdvsa stand at USD 7-8 per barrel
- HRW calls for international observation in Venezuela's congress vote
- Venezuela to denounce Guyana's "smear campaign" at the UN
- Guyana seeks Canada's support in border dispute with Venezuela
- Venezuelan congress rejects Ambassador Holloway's statements
A week into the beginning of the school year at the República del Ecuador school, in the San Martín neighborhood (downtown Caracas), and classes are taught only until 10 am. Thieves who broke into the school this summer caused major damage when they stole copper wiring and air-conditioning units, resulting in a power outage leaving classrooms in the dark(especially preschool classrooms, which are affected the most).
DIPLOMACY Venezuela has rejected the statements issued by Greg Quinn, the UK High Commissioner in Guyana, who recently referred to the territorial dispute between Venezuela and Guyana.
DIPLOMACY Venezuelan Minister of Foreign Affairs Delcy Rodríguez announced on Thursday that Venezuela would inform United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon about an alleged "smear campaign" against Venezuela by the government of Guyana, based on "transnational interests" of US oil company ExxonMobil.
ESSEQUIBO The Venezuelan Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a communiqué rejecting the statements of US Ambassador to the Co-operative Republic of Guyana, Perry Holloway, and termed his declarations as US meddling in the territorial dispute between Venezuela and Guyana.
INDUSTRY The People's Minister for Petroleum and Mining and President of Petróleos de Venezuela, SA (Pdvsa), Eulogio del Pino, chaired a meeting with representatives of various state institutions in order to outline strategies to attract investment in the gold, coal and nickel mining industries.
CARACAS A drone is used to locate a boy who was thrown into the Guaire River. A smart phone application can provide rescuers with real time information pinpointing the location of hikers missing in Mount Avila. Another app warns residents near the Guaire River to prepare for possible flooding. A push-button-activated alarm allows paramedics to get to the place of an emergency in record time. Satellite maps allow designation of high risk areas by national authorities and drawing up action plans to address contingencies.