OIL. Oil prices dropped on Monday amid a weak operations volume owing to a long holiday in Asia and after a meeting on Sunday between the ministers of petroleum of Saudi Arabia and Venezuela, both members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), showed no sign that measures will be adopted to stabilize the market.
Production law provides for incentives
News This Week
- Venezuelan oil basket slightly soars to USD 25.27 per barrel
- Venezuela negotiates gold swap with German bank
- Polar's CEO: Make state-run companies available to the private sector
- Medicines shipped from abroad to Venezuela amidst shortage
- National Assembly receives draft amnesty law
- Agricultural exports from the US to Venezuela halted for two months
- Criminals steal weapons of Honor Guard Post in Aragua state
- National Assembly to discuss amendment of Central Bank law
- Ortega Díaz: The attorney general cannot be questioned
- Plan of public procurement aims at optimizing investment
- Six OPEC countries, Russia agree to hold emergency meeting
- Deputy Cabello calls to celebrate F4 rebellion as the "dignity day"
- Venezuela's oil minister, OPEC president assess oil market
- Maduro: If property law is enacted, I cannot build more dwellings
- CEO of Polar highlights importance of Venezuelan farmers
- Expert: Venezuela imports oil since the second quarter of 2015
- Maduro announces plan to stop Zika virus from spreading in Latin America
- Venezuelan economic authorities fail to appear in Congress
- Attorneys approve censure motion against Venezuelan top court justices
- Attorney General: 17,778 homicides recorded in Venezuela in 2015
- Thirteen countries of the Americas agree on anti-Zika virus measures
- NGO warns against media crisis due to lack of newsprint in Venezuela
- Attorney General Ortega Díaz proposes new Criminal Code
- Suspected Zika virus cases soar to 71 in Mérida state
- Deputy Solórzano: Attorney General's Office fails to play its role
- Congress committee on media to amend telecoms law
A group of some 60 Venezuelan economists from across the country and from different generations and backgrounds, has met regularly in the past couple of years and now has brought forth a document explaining the reasons of the current emergency and outlining specific proposals on how to address the serious economic crisis the country has plunged into over the last three years.
HEALTH Earlier this week, the President of the Venezuelan Pharmaceutical Federation (Fefarven), Freddy Ceballos, informed that shortages of medicines in Venezuela hit 80%. Given this situation, residents of Caracas and other states are ordering medicines from the US through a pharmacy with stores nationwide in Venezuela.
HEALTH The health ministers signed a declaration comprising 16 items (Matilde Campodónico / AP-Reuters)
HEALTH Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro announced the activation on Wednesday of a plan to stop the spread of Zika virus in Latin America and the Caribbean.
ECONOMIC MEASURES On February 11 and 12 a representation of Saudi Arabia will be in Venezuela to visit the geographical areas with potential reserves of diamonds and certify the official mechanisms for development. The news was given by Venezuelan Minister of Petroleum and Mining and President of state-run oil company Petróleos de Venezuela (Pdvsa), Eulogio Del Pino.
FAUNA According to the fourth edition of the Red List of the Venezuelan Fauna, a total of 115 birds are in danger of extinction in the country as a consequence of the destruction of their habitats to carry out activities such as farming, livestock and aquaculture.