ELECTION 2015. According to the Venezuelan Official Gazette No. 40,798, in a joint resolution of the Venezuelan Ministry for Interior Relations, Justice and Peace, and the Defense Ministry, the carrying of firearms and sharp weapons, and the selling of alcoholic beverages will be suspended nationwide since Friday December 4 at 6:00 until Monday 7 at 6:00 pm this year.
Interview with Guillermo Barreto
Interview with Miguel Pérez Abad
News This Week
- Venezuelan doctors expect "looming" Zika virus in the country
- Chilean gov't regrets murder of Venezuelan opposition leader
- Former Spanish, Panamanian presidents to arrive in Venezuela next week
- Unasur electoral mission refuses political violence in Venezuela
- Venezuelan dissent condemns murder of opposition leader
- CNE Director: "No election should come along with violence"
- AI requests investigation into murder of opposition leader
- Venezuelan gov't, Toyota agree on export of domestic car parts
- Venezuelan opposition coalition MUD strikes legislative plan for 2016
- Venezuelan gov't bans e-commerce of regulated products
- SELA Member States discuss common policies
- Venezuelan oil basket ends at USD 34.11 per barrel
- Guyana seeks int'l support over border dispute with Venezuela
- Forex unification is proposed in Venezuela
- OPEC not to cut oil output despite possible price drop in 2016
- Venezuela's Ombudsman to deploy civil servants for parliament vote
- Venezuelan health sector voices concern over lack of consumables
- Conindustria: Contracting in Venezuela sank in 2015
- MUD: "We will not win to replace a sectarianism with another"
- Venezuelan journalists want access to National Assembly
- Ecuador's Correa notices Macri's "meddling" in Venezuelan internal affairs
According to inner surveys performed by the Venezuelan Association of Metallurgical and Mining Industries (AIMM), where 160 metallurgic companies were taken into consideration, 90% of the companies members of this association are "distressed because of their existence or survival in the short term," stated Manuel Eseverri, president of this association.
OPINION According to Venezuelan Minister of Eco-Socialism and Water Guillermo Barreto, Venezuela will ask for compensation for damages and losses caused by climate change in the country and for which is not liable. Barreto is attending the United Nations Conference on Climate Change (COP21), held in Paris, France, until December 11, where an agreement should be reached to curb the emission of greenhouse gases.
ECONOMY The national foreign exchange system has a hole and it has already shot ahead," stated Miguel Pérez Abad, president of the Venezuelan Federation of Industries (Fedeindustria) and presidential commissioner for Economic Development. He also remarked that the exchange unification could be the solution to this issue. However, it must previously pass a long-term transition stage, including a dual exchange rate in the first phase, and then stabilize the exchange rate.
Running for Congress
ELECTION 2015 Candidate for deputy at the National Assembly (AN) and representative of Venezuelan opposition coalition Unified Democratic Panel (MUD) before the National Electoral Council (CNE), Henry Ramos Allup, demeaned the government's position over the killing on Wednesday of dissent leader Luis Manuel Díaz in central Guárico state.
ELECTION 2015 Director of the Venezuelan National Electoral Council (CNE) Luis Emilio Rondón voiced concern over the recent reports of violent actions occurred on Wednesday in central-Guárico state, where the leader of opposition party "Acción Democrática" (Democratic Action-AD) Luis Manuel Díaz was killed.
ELECTION 2015 The electoral mission of the Union of South American Nations (Unasur) for the upcoming parliament vote in Venezuela rejected on Wednesday the murder of Luis Manuel Díaz, the Secretary General of opposition party "Acción Democrática" (Democratic Action-AD) in central Guárico state.