ESSEQUIBO. A delegation of the United Nations (UN) landed on Tuesday in Maiquetía Simón Bolívar airport in Vargas state, Venezuela, to continue mediating in aborder dispute between Venezuela and Guyana over the territory of the Essequibo.
Minimum price of USD 70 targeted
News This Week
- Maduro in Bolivia to attend Climate Change Conference
- Attorney General: Corruption permeated Venezuela from outside
- President Maduro highlights the values of indigenous communities
- President Maduro lands in Bolivia for Climate Change Summit
- OPEC's oil output grows; non-OPEC production expected to decline
- Venezuela to propose oil production phasing down at OPEC meeting
- Oil production costs in Venezuela's Pdvsa stand at USD 7-8 per barrel
- HRW calls for international observation in Venezuela's congress vote
- Venezuela to denounce Guyana's "smear campaign" at the UN
- Guyana seeks Canada's support in border dispute with Venezuela
- Venezuelan congress rejects Ambassador Holloway's statements
INDUSTRY The People's Minister for Petroleum and Mining and President of Petróleos de Venezuela, SA (Pdvsa), Eulogio del Pino, chaired a meeting with representatives of various state institutions in order to outline strategies to attract investment in the gold, coal and nickel mining industries.
A week into the beginning of the school year at the República del Ecuador school, in the San Martín neighborhood (downtown Caracas), and classes are taught only until 10 am. Thieves who broke into the school this summer caused major damage when they stole copper wiring and air-conditioning units, resulting in a power outage leaving classrooms in the dark(especially preschool classrooms, which are affected the most).