ESPACIO PUBLICITARIO
CARACAS, Monday January 14, 2013 | Update
 
|
share
|
HYDROCARBONS

Honduras hopes to get benefits again from Petrocaribe

Since 2009, Honduras has been excluded from the agreements that allow it to receive Venezuelan oil on condition that it pays 40% of the oil bill in a 25-year term. The Honduran Embassy to Venezuela received on Friday an invitation to attend a Petrocaribe regular meeting next February 14

EL UNIVERSAL
Monday January 14, 2013  04:45 PM

Four years after being commercially suspended from Petrocaribe due to the overthrown of the then President Manuel Zelaya, Honduras expects to import Venezuelan oil under a deferred payment agreement within the framework of Petrocaribe, Honduran Foreign Minister Arturo Corrales said.

"Our office in Caracas received on Friday  an invitation to participate in Petrocaribe's regular meeting to be held next February 14. This means having access to such a potential initiative and enormous benefit. We have not been taken into consideration since 2009," the foreign minister told the local media.

Corrales explained that oil sale schedules, including Honduras, will be discussed in the meeting, AFP reported.

Before being suspended, Honduras would receive 20,000 bunker barrels per day for the generation of electric energy. It would pay 60% in 90 days and the remaining 40% would be paid in a 25-year term at a 1% interest rate.

By then, Honduras had received some USD 100 million in benefits from Petrocaribe.

Translated by Jhean Cabrera
|
share
|
ADVERTISING SPACE
Dossier
This is all there is

A simple reason: there is oil galore, would suffice to explain Guyana's actions. Another explanation lies in the little or none efforts made by the Venezuelan government to thwart the move by the Guyanese. This is certainly not a new problem, but a problem only recently highlighted because oil is involved. But what other resources does the disputed area hold? For most of us it is a section on the map with black and white stripes on it, a depiction of something distant, alien, a nothingness not worth paying much attention to in geography classes back in elementary school.

 Ranking
  •  Read 
 
fotter clasificados.eluniversal.com Estampas
Alianzas
fotter clasificados.eluniversal.com Estampas
cerrar