Venezuelan authorities confirm 26 fatalities in refinery blast
At 9:30 am, Venezuelan authorities promised that the disaster was under control. "We will inspect the situation with expert teams," Vice-Minister Elías Jaua told reporters
- Venezuelan Government decrees three days of mourning
- Oil Minister: Amuay is to resume operations in two days
- Workers exact state of emergency in Pdvsa
- Expert team enquires into blast in Amuay refinery
- Blast at Venezuela's major oil refinery Amuay
- Substantial damages after blast in Venezuelan oil refinery Amuay
According to Jaua, most of the casualties are National Guard officers.
On Saturday, at 9:30 a.m., the government authorities vowed that the disaster was under control. "We will review the situation together with expert teams," Jaua told reporters on the site.
Injured people were taken to nearby Rafael Calle Sierra Hospital.
According to the Vice-President, Health Minister Eugenia Sader and Defense Minister Henry Rangel Silva were at the hospital.
Earlier, Falcón State Governor Stella Lugo toured the facilities after the firefighter brigade had controlled most of the flames and claimed that there would not be further risk of new explosions.
No pellets, tear gas or 9mm firearm projectiles were enough. Several unpublished videos confirm what some witnesses had already warned in the very afternoon of February 12: that day, the Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (Sebin) shot a different type of bullets whose ammunition shells were picked up by the very officers who triggered the weapons.